Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Dude, where's my Term Break ?

Winter's Here !! The air's crisp and cold. And the placement bug going around seems to be a pandemic :)

Amidst the hoopla, term 6 has seen a quiet start and term 5 ended with a bang. Term 5, BTW, was one crazy term. The fact that you were outside your sections for the first time was quite disorienting. Each class had different faces, different groups and different interactions. It took a little adjusting to.

And I realized how much I missed my section. There was a maturity about our section that helped everyone belong in one way or another. Not to mention being exposed to other CP Kings and Queens. I never realized people had so much to say about everything !! At times though, I think Section A had gotten it right wrt CP.

Term 5 was a very Quant-heavy term for me. With Fixed-Income Sec, Options and Marketing research, the work load seemed a little overwhelming. But the learning was equally good in most cases. The final project that we submitted for a new product launch was a great experience that taught us pretty well the uncertainties faced by management. However, the slew of project work meant that my term break went up in smoke.

The last few days have also been ones of introspection, personally. The decision of which career track to pursue cannot be put off any further. One way or the other, I have to decide and pursue my choice with gusto. Oh, what I would give for some BHU-style procrastination !!

Neha was here for here Birthday. That meant she experienced it ISB style - with a freezing dunk, cake, wine and a sumptuous meal !! Anyways, that's it for now. Solstice, ILS and other events are on the cards in December. I'll try to put up some pics in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment